The Best of: the 71st Golden Globes Awards 2014

The award season is something I excitedly look forward to every year. Not because I’m interested in who will win which award (although this factor does contribute slightly) but because I love to see who will be deemed one of the ‘best dressed’. Last week, the season officially began with the 71st Golden Globe Awards. So here are my personal favourites from the event:




Firstly, we have Emma Watson in a Dior Couture red backless dress and slim black trousers. I’m normally not a fan of Emma’s red carpet looks, and at first look I wasn’t too sure about this either. However, after thinking about it and taking a double look, I think it really suits her. It’s also really different to anything else we saw on the red carpet that night. One thing I don’t understand is how Dior could get it so right for Emma, yet so wrong for Jennifer Lawrence.


Next is Allison Williams in an Alexander McQueen SS 2014 gown and Olivia Wilde in Gucci Premiere sequin gown. I’m a huge fan of Alexander McQueen and I just love this gown – it looks so classy and elegant and really suits Allison! I think Olivia’s dress may have been my favourite of the night; the emerald green colour just suits her so well.



Finally we have, Amy Poehler in a custom made Stella McCartney gown and Michelle Dockery in Oscar de la Renta SS 2014. I love Amy’s black dress, it’s so simple compared to a lot of the other dresses we saw. Also, I love the shape of Michelle’s dress – it reminds me of a Disney princess!

A few more of my favourites, which I haven’t pictured, included Emilia Clarke in Proenza Schouler, Giuliana Rancic in Lorena Sarbu and Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen.

So that’s it for the Golden Globes – who was your best (and worst) dressed?



No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig