My Favourite Reads of 2015


2015 was the year that I really got back into reading. I've always been a big reader but due to school and university I never felt like I had the time and I just felt really uninspired. I started using my Goodreads account again which helped me keep track of what I was reading and what I wanted to read and I ended up reading over 50 books since May! So here are my favourite reads of 2015:

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
2015 was the year that I finally read The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings. This was definitely my favourite out of the 4. It was fun to follow Bilbo throughout his adventure and learn about the different characters he met on the way.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I read a surprising amount of Young Adult books this year and this is up there with my favourites. Although it wasn't a really plot driven story, something about the writing and the backdrop of Paris made it really enjoyable.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Series) by Rick Riordan
Another series that I was seriously late on reading but again really loved! Percy is one of my new favourite characters and I can't wait to read the Heroes of Olympus series next.



Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
I've followed Mindy Kaling for a few years now and this was one of the most exciting releases of 2015 for me. I was so excited to get this and it did not disappoint. I loved reading about how Mindy came up with the idea of The Mindy Project, and how she differs from her on-screen persona.



Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Another 2015 release that I loved. Although the start was slow this quickly became one of my all-time favourite books. Originally a parody of Harry Potter it felt far from a cheap rip-off and became a great young adult fantasy book in it's own right. 

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
This is a spin-off of The Grisha Trilogy which I haven't read yet. This sounded a bit more interesting so I decided to read it first and I really enjoyed it. There was a few things I didn't understand at first but I wouldn't say you need to read the originally trilogy before Six of Crows. It ended on a huge cliffhanger so now I'm counting down until the sequel is released!



Throne of Glass (Series) by Sarah J. Maas
This was a series that I never thought I'd read - the description didn't stand out to me and it just didn't seem like a story I'd be interested in. I ended up buying it because it was half price on Amazon and I've never been more pleasantly surprised by a book! I love everything about this book - the  storyline, the world-building, the characters - I could go on and on...

The Raven Cycle (Series) by Maggie Stiefvater
I didn't know a lot about this series when I picked up the first book and I had no idea what to expect. The Raven Boys was unlike any book I've read before, but I loved every minute of it.

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Sense and Sensibility was my second Jane Austen novel and only the 4th classic that I've read, but it's my favourite out of them all. Although classics always require a bit more effort and concentration, this was quite easy to get into. It had more of a plot than Emma, which I had read earlier in the year, and I enjoyed it much more. Sense and Sensibility really opened my eyes to why Jane Austen books are so well loved, and made me appreciate the classics that I had already read. I can't wait to read more of Jane Austen's books in 2016!

Other honourable mentions from this year include Yes Please by Amy Poehler, A Little Princess by Frances Hodsgon Burnett, Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, my favourite series Harry Potter which I reread again, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins.

What were your favourite reads of 2015?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig