A Book Haul


After being on a self-imposed book buying ban for the past few months (purely because I had so many on my shelves that I hadn't read!), I've managed to buy 8 books in the last 2 weeks.

I ordered Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins on Amazon. Percy Jackson and The Great Gatsby only cost £5.50 all together so I didn't feel too bad about buying these three, especially as I'd just been paid! I don't know why it's taken me so long to start the Percy Jackson series but I'm really enjoying it so far.

I then bought Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton in Tesco for £4. I've wanted to read this for ages so I couldn't resist when it was so cheap. I haven't seen any of the films yet so I'm excited to get into it.

It's a tradition for me to buy a couple of new books when I'm on holiday so I picked up The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (£6.99) from a new bookshop in St. Andrews called Topping and Company. I then bought Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (£6.99) from Waterstones, which I can't wait to read since it's the last in the series!

Finally, I popped into Tesco when I got back from my weekend away and got a few books in their 2 for £7 offer. I got Landline by Rainbow Rowell, which will be my 3rd book of hers. I also picked up Sparkling Stilettos by Jess Wright of TOWIE fame - don't judge, it sounds like a really good chick flick!

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig