What I've Been Reading Lately #4


Why Not Me? By Mindy Kaling
I absolutely love Mindy Kaling, she's one of my favourite comedians/actresses! So obviously I was so excited for this to finally be released, and it did not disappoint. I don't think there was a chapter that I didn't laugh out loud at, and I loved reading about her relationship with BJ Novak and her show The Mindy Project. A must read for any fan!


The Rebel Belle Series by Rachel Hawkins (Rebel Belle and Miss Mayhem)
I picked up Rebel Belle not expecting much to be honest, I quite like chick flicks and young adult books but I didn't expect to enjoy this series as much as I did. I'm a sucker for a good cliche so I loved the geeky boy/homecoming queen storyline between David and Harper. I also love a good fantasy/history element and these books definitely delivered on that! My only complaint would be that Miss Mayhem seemed a little too short to me, I think so much more could have been done with it. Hopefully it's just more of a filler in the lead up to the third and final book. I can't believe I have to wait until April for it!


Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Attachments was actually adult fiction rather than young adult but I enjoyed it just the same. I was a bit hesitant at the format as it was split between third person and email entries but it ended up really adding to the book. It follows Lincoln, who's employed to scan and read co-workers' emails and the moral issues he faces throughout. When I finished this I couldn't quite decide if it was cute or creepy, but I think that's the point!


Landline by Rainbow Rowell

I think I gave this 4 stars on Goodreads, but honestly I think it was more of a three. I found the plot interesting, with Georgie being able to speak to her husband in the past with a magic telephone, but it just felt really repetitive. Georgie would go to work, come home, speak on the phone, and then go to bed. I'd say it picked up in the last half but not one of my favourites!


Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
I'm sure every Rainbow fan has been waiting for this to be released! I absolutely loved the fanfiction/Simon Snow elements in Fangirl, so I was excited to finally get my hands on this. I have to say, I was a bit hesitant at first as it was completely different to the 4 other books that Rainbow has written, but I loved every second of it. It definitely picked up after the first 150 pages when Baz was finally introduced! It felt like a mix of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, which was great because they're two of my favourite series. I would really recommend that everyone reads this!

(Now that I've read all of Rainbow's books I can finally put them in order of favourite to least favourite - Carry On, Fangirl, Attachments, Landline, Eleanor & Park.)

Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Don't forget to follow/add me on Goodreads!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig