Making Time To Read


Finding the time to read for pleasure can be a challenge. For some people it's a full-time job and other commitments, for me it's university and coursework that takes up my time. Although I was a complete bookworm when I was younger, for years I only read for pleasure in the Summer because I simply didn't have the time. School or university and the work to go with it left me exhausted at night, and all I wanted to do was waste my time on the Internet and watch a lot of TV.

In the last year, I've seemed to find the perfect balance between work, reading and any other interests and commitments I have. Here are my top tips to make sure you find time to read:

Take Time Before You Sleep
I usually go to sleep around 10pm to make sure that I'm rested before my early mornings for university, and in the last year I've started going to bed an hour or an hour and a half earlier so I can read before I sleep. In this time I can get around 100 pages into a book. I also find it really relaxing and discovered that I actually sleep better if I read beforehand, rather than watching TV.

Utilise Your Breaks
My university timetables have never been great and often have 2-3 hour breaks between classes. If my friends are busy and I've managed to get all my work done, I like to either go to my local bookshop or sit in the university library and read.

The Journey To Work/University
I travel to university on the train every day, with the journey taking 30-45 minutes it's the perfect time to read a few chapters of whatever book I'm reading!

Weekends
I like to try and get a lot of my university work during the week, and leave more time at the weekend to read. There's nothing better than a Sunday afternoon spent reading and drinking tea!

How do you make time to read? Do you do any of the above?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig