January Reads


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
This is the third Jane Austen book that I've read and by far my favourite. I loved the overall plot and the relationship between Elizabeth and Darcy! 

Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
Neither of The Raven Cycle sequels have been quite as good as The Raven Boys but I still enjoy them. Blue Lily, Lily Blue follows the group as they continue to try and wake Glendower. Although I don't think the plot is as good as the first book, there's something about the characters that makes this so loveable and enjoyable. Now I just need to wait until April for the last instalment...


The Woman I Wanted To Be by Diane Von Furstenberg
I'm so glad I picked this book up. I've followed the DVF runway shows but I never knew much about Diane. The Woman I Wanted To Be begins by telling the reader about Diane's early life, and the life of her mother who was a concentration camp survivor from WWII. Straight away I knew this books would be incredibly inspiring. This is definitely one of my favourite biographies that I've read!

Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht
This was my first non-fiction book of the year and it did not disappoint. I hadn't heard of Aliza Licht beforehand but now she's one of my role models! Leave Your Mark is all about landing your dream job and killing it, with a little help from social media. Although this book is full of helpful tips and tricks that Aliza has learned along the way, she also includes her own experiences and shows us how she got to where she is now. As someone who wants to work in the fashion industry, I found this book really helpful and motivational - definitely an all-time favourite.

Vogue On: Alexander McQueen by Vogue Magazine/Chloe Fox
I love the Vogue On series and the Alexander McQueen edition was just as good as the others I have read. These books are really quite short, with half of it being full of beautiful pictures, but they still give a great insight into the designer and their history. Although I'm a fan of Alexander McQueen's work, I didn't know a lot about him as an individual and I think this really showed what inspired him and why he got into fashion.


Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
I quickly made my way through the Heroes of Olympus series, which is the follow up to Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Heroes of Olympus follows a new set of demi-gods, along with Percy and Annabeth as they complete the great prophecy and defeat the Earth Godess, Gaia. Although I didn't enjoy this series as much as PJO, I did love the new characters - particularly Leo - and reading more about Nico!

I managed to read 10 books out of my 65 book reading challenge this month! What did you read in January?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig