San Diego Comic Con 2014


Comic Con is the best time of the year - no joke. For one weekend a year I mope around, sad that I can't go to the panels and have to wait for them to turn up on youtube. This year's Comic Con did not disappoint, from a million Marvel panels to Game of Thrones, let's take a look back at my favourite moments!

'I'm a Khaleesi, not a Queen.'

Without a doubt, one of the highlights of SDCC was the Game of Thrones blooper video that started of their star studded panel. GOT can be quite a heavy show, and each episode is filled with scheming, violence and deaths. So it's fun to see the cast having fun and realising that their not always so serious! The best part was definitely Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Peter Dinklage dancing into the throne room during Tyrion's trial scene. And of course, Emilia Clarke's scene with Michiel Huisman.

Everything About 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron' Panel and Cast

I love love love The Avengers cast. It's not secret among my friends that I have a slight obsession with Chris Evans and that I once watched the Avengers four or five times in one week. The cast turned out in force this year (minus a very pregnant Scarlett Johansson) and they didn't disappoint. I loved Robert Downey Jr's over the top entrance - dancing to Don't Stop Till You Get Enough and throwing a suitcase of roses to the crowd - and of course, Chris Evans gushing over Chris Hemsworth and dancing with Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Only a year till the film comes out...

GRRM Shade and Bad Decisions

Let's be honest, George RR Martin shade is the best shade there is. Have a look at this. With filming of season 5 of Game of Thrones just starting, Comic Con gave the showrunners the chance to reveal their new cast members and give book fans the biggest shock since Lady Stoneheart was cut. They cut Arianne Martell and gave her major role to her brother. I honestly don't know what to think, Arianne is one of my favourite characters from the books!

Women Who Kick Ass

Tatiana Maslany, Sarah Paulson, Maisie Williams, Katey Sagal, Natalie Dormer and Nicole Beharie all attended the 'Women Who Kick Ass Panel'. Natalie Dormer had a few really interesting things to say, including this: "I don't think that it's healthy for young girls to be looking at these beauty magazines and watching TV and these shows and thinking [that's the standard]...".  Katey Sagal also touched on ageism  and how it plays a factor, particularly in American TV. You can read the full quotes here.

Even More Marvel Films

So I wasn't really excited about Ant Man until I realised that Paul Rudd was playing him. PAUL RUDD. Everyone loves Paul Rudd, especially Mark Ruffalo. And Guardian's of the Galaxy 2 has a release date for 2017, I haven't even seen the first one yet but I already can't wait!

What were you highlights of Comic Con 2014?!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lucy Fiona

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig